Enrollment is Now Open
Click the button below to download the Take 2 Creative Camp application.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
– Students must be 12-15 years old
– 2022 Program Dates: June 6th – August 5, 2022*
*Program will run virtually the first week (June 6 – June 10). Students will be emailed Zoom links to attend virtual meetings.
– Program runs: Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
– Masks are optional.
– Registration Fees: $25 per child
– Students must sign in and sign out each day
– Application & payment must be received by May 27, 2022.
*Email completed applications to Program Director, Korisa Madayag, at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Drop off completed applications at the YWCA Elgin, 220 E. Chicago St., Elgin, IL 60120
– Take 2 Creative Camp interviews will be conducted on May 31st and June 1st. Students are responsible for signing up for an interview time and attending the interview. Interview time slots will be sent to the provided email address on this application.
– For more information, please contact Program Director, Korisa Madayag, at email@example.com
– Limited spots available.
The YWCA Elgin Take 2 Creative Camp is a summer program for students between the ages of 12 and 15 years old. This program focuses on teaching teens how to use today’s technology in order to explore their own creativity and be confident in voicing their own opinions on multiple platforms. They will work with computers, cameras, tablets, and different software programs in order to create a variety of content about themselves and the Elgin community. The students will embark on different field trips and document their adventures.
By participating in the Take 2 program, students will learn different skills that they will be able to apply in school and in their everyday lives. These skills include developing and executing ideas, thinking outside of the box, confidence to try new things, public speaking, meeting deadlines, working with their peers, working individually, and being able to use technology efficiently and effectively.
Through the summer the Take 2 students will get to write scripts, edit video footage, direct videos, use a green screen, shoot videos, create vlogs and blogs, star in videos, volunteer, and go on field trips.
At the end of each summer, the Take 2 Creative Camp hosts a Red Carpet event. During this event, they get to show off their masterpieces to their friends, family, and the Elgin community.
We owe a big thank you to the Elgin Township which has funded this camp for the past two years. We also would like to give a shout-out to the Gail Borden Public Library which allowed us to use their Digital Media Lab at Studio 270.