For the first time, the YWCA Elgin will present a $2,000 scholarship to one (1) female high school senior residing within the School District U-46 boundaries who demonstrates leadership characteristics and will be pursuing a higher education.
To be eligible for this award, the applicant must:
- Be a female high school senior.
- Currently be enrolled in a School District U-46 high school or home-schooled and living within the district’s boundaries.
- Be planning to continue their education, not limited to college.
- Exhibit evidence of strong leadership ability.
- Exhibit involvement in community service.
- Exhibit involvement in high school activities.
- Exhibit involvement in activities that embody the YWCA Elgin’s mission.
- The application is to be completed by the student applicant.
- The application must be typed.
- The application must be signed.
- Attach two letters of recommendation from:
- A high school teacher, counselor, or other school administrator.
- A member of the community (non-relative).
- Attach a copy of your unofficial high school transcript.
- Application and supporting materials must be submitted by midnight on March 2, 2023. Applications can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, online, or by mail/in person to YWCA Elgin, 220 East Chicago Street, Elgin, IL 60120. Please do not bind or staple application materials.
APPLICATION PERIOD/TIMETABLE (estimated):
- January 18, 2023 – Distribution of application materials.
- March 2, 2023 – Application deadline.
- March 3 – April 4, 2023 – Committee will review applications and interview applicants if needed.
- April 5, 2023 – The Award recipient will be notified.
- May 11, 2023 – The Award Recipient will be honored at the Leader Luncheon event held at the Seville Banquet Hall from 11:00 am to 1:30 pm. The Award Recipient needs to arrive at 10:30 am. Attendance is mandatory.